Benefits of Membership
Receive the quarterly peer-reviewed publication, Renal Nutrition Forum.
- Feature articles on a variety of nephrology nutrition issues enchance our knowledge and for continuing education.
- Member stipend reports contain conference summaries and highlights from members who have attended a conference in which RPG provided a stipend.
- Relevant nutrition tips that can be shared with chronic kidney disease (CKD) patients and their families.
- Plus much more…………
Subscription for the membership year, begins with the RNF issue published in the summer. There are 4 issues published every membership year (3 printed issues and 1 electronic issue).
- Contact the Membership Chair if you do not receive all issues.
Access to the Professional Resource Center (PRC)
Access to the new Professional Resource Center allows you to check out current texts and other materials free of charge except for the return shipping costs. The PRC contains numerous resources that are recommended to use for review of the Certified Specialist in Renal Nutrition exam. We are constantly expanding and updating the PRC to include the latest resources.
Click here for current list of resources available through the PRC.
Access to the Members Only Area of RPG Website
- Archives of the Peer-Reviewed Renal Nutrition Forum
- Clinical Articles of Interest
- Patient Education Materials for purchase and download
- Patient Education Handouts
- Public Policy, Reimbursement Resources
Eligible to Apply for Stipends, Scholarships & Grants
- For attending nephrology education conferences and meetings
- For scholarships which can be used towards the pursuit of an advanced degree in nutrition.
- For research in the field of nephrology nutrition
- Eligibility begins after 1 year of RPG membership.
View scholarship and grant information.
Benefit from Publications, that Enhance Professional & Patient Education
- The Guidelines for Nutrition Care of Renal Patients
- The Clinical Guide to Nutrition Care in Kidney Disease, second edition
- Medical Nutrition Therapy Across the Continuum of Care
The Renal Dietitians (RPG)
- Plans a scientific education session on renal nutrition topics, suggested by RPG members, at the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics FNCE Annual Meeting.
- Provides a collective voice to promote the interest of renal and nephrology dietitians and impact change in policy and legislation.
- Maintains an alliance with the National Kidney Foundation (NKF) – Council on Renal Nutrition (CRN), to coordinate joint clinical project efforts and educational opportunities.
- Provides an avenue through which RPG members can influence the future direction of The Academy through the Council on Practice (COP).
- Awards an Outstanding Service Award (OSA), to a member who has made significant contributions to the clinical practice, patients and profession of renal and nephrology nutrition.