Benefits of Membership
Receive the quarterly peer-reviewed publication, Renal Nutrition Forum.
- Feature articles on a variety of nephrology nutrition issues enchance our knowledge and for continuing education.
- Member stipend reports contain conference summaries and highlights from members who have attended a conference in which RPG provided a stipend.
- Relevant nutrition tips that can be shared with chronic kidney disease (CKD) patients and their families.
- Plus much more…………
Subscription for the membership year, begins with the RNF issue published in the summer. There are 4 issues published every membership year (3 printed issues and 1 electronic issue).
- Contact the Membership Chair if you do not receive all issues.
Access to the Members Only Area of RPG Website
- Archives of the Peer-Reviewed Renal Nutrition Forum
- Clinical Articles of Interest
- Patient Education Materials for purchase and download
- Patient Education Handouts
- Public Policy, Reimbursement Resources
Eligible to Apply for Stipends, Scholarships & Grants
- For attending nephrology education conferences and meetings
- For scholarships which can be used towards the pursuit of an advanced degree in nutrition.
- For research in the field of nephrology nutrition
- Eligibility begins after 1 year of RPG membership.
View scholarship and grant information.
Benefit from Publications, that Enhance Professional & Patient Education
- The Guidelines for Nutrition Care of Renal Patients
- The Clinical Guide to Nutrition Care in Kidney Disease, second edition
- Medical Nutrition Therapy Across the Continuum of Care
The Renal Dietitians (RPG)
- Plans a scientific education session on renal nutrition topics, suggested by RPG members, at the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics FNCE Annual Meeting.
- Provides a collective voice to promote the interest of renal and nephrology dietitians and impact change in policy and legislation.
- Maintains an alliance with the National Kidney Foundation (NKF) – Council on Renal Nutrition (CRN), to coordinate joint clinical project efforts and educational opportunities.
- Provides an avenue through which RPG members can influence the future direction of The Academy through the Council on Practice (COP).
- Awards an Outstanding Service Award (OSA), to a member who has made significant contributions to the clinical practice, patients and profession of renal and nephrology nutrition.